Thursday, March 24, 2011

6 more weeks to go...

6 more weeks to go, 6 more weeks til - Oh, crap. 


6 weeks. 


I have no idea why that number is so much more than any other up until this point, maybe just because with each day IT'S getting closer. 


I think I'm reasonably calm. Am I? I hope so. It's not that I'm unexcited - I'm extremely excited and looking forward to 1. an awesome couple of days and 2. being married to my beloved. It's not that I'm not stressed - I'm stressed, there are a few things not going quite to plan, but what you gonna do about it? 


I think I'm calm because I've been expecting something to go wrong for the last year. I've been waiting. And with the knowledge that something(s?) will go wrong, I know that there's not always a lot I can do and it's a waste of energy to worry. 


So what if the bridesmaids dresses aren't made. That's ok. I feel very blessed and lucky and loved that Mary would offer in the first place and also that, rather than let herself get stressed out, she brought it up as not working with enough time for us to organise an alternative. Sweet. Done. Excellent. 


So what if the invitations are only being sent out in NZ this week. People, if you don't know the date (excluding Grandparents) than there a multitude of ways to contact me without an issue. I'm all over the internet. In the end, they're going out with enough time for guests to RSVP so that I can give caterers an accurate number. 


Perhaps the most calming aspect of 6 weeks is knowing that I have less than 3 weeks left of work, which means I have a little over 3 weeks in NZ before the wedding to sort out all those little details that may yet go to crap. 


We'll work it out - Me, Grant and you (because I assume the only reason you're reading this is because you care. I'm not that egotistical to imagine strangers reading...). 


Other thing 6 weeks means? Hen's night in Brissy! Not a lot planned, but I'm looking forward to an evening of special ladies from my life here in Brisbane drinking, laughing and talking smack. Should be fun times. 


On that note, please wish me continued calmness, decisive action and the strength to resist alcohol as my de-stresser (there's still That Dress... Eugh.) 


*love love love love love* 
Kiwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment