Today's post is about stationery. And pretty weddings and interesting things over the last week or so.
It seems I have stationery on the brain - well, it's one of the few things I get to visualise and create from start to finish so this might be expected. There are a number of different pieces of a stationery suite to think about, and hopefully have co-ordinate. Thankfully, The Knot (Australia) have a good article about which pieces of stationery are needed.
However, before I get anywhere I need to decide what kind of style I - we want and I'm stuck between wanting to be vaguely traditional, modern, funky, cartoony or somewhere in between... Here are some I've seen (comments welcome):
-----------------------------------
And now for the Inspiration part of this post
Martha Stewart's post on "Special touches for wedding invitations"
New favourite weddings:
Including their stationery suite and her flowers:
Look at their yellow and white polka-dot tablecloths!
Once Wed's Mark & Allison (their invitation is above). Their whole wedding gallery is yellow and swoon-worthy. Highlights include:
Table decorations
Flowers and bridesmaid dress and flowers
A new blog I discovered, Snippet & Ink, posted this gorgeous wedding. I'm loving their table decorations:
Interesting articles over the last week
In some respects, we are kind of having a Destination Wedding, with a reasonable number of people coming from overseas (hopefully!) and our planning from far away. This article about what to put in a destination wedding welcome bag on The Knot is interesting.
A new colour palette to consider with Martha Stewart Weddings.
Thinking about Wedding Songs? Maybe a little bit. The Knot had a "Wedding Song" week or some-such nonsense and had these articles:
*love love love love love*
Kiwa.
Kiwa.


the one six down (the black and white one) is oddly what i was thinking about today
ReplyDeletebut actually i think i prefer the first or the seventh ones with the yellow + black + white
oml. They're my two favourite as well, struggling to pick between the two style :| maybe I won't need to... ;) hahah
ReplyDelete