Greetings!
Grant has officially finished his 12 week challenge with Flight Centre and hasn't he done well?! He's lost:
- 15kgs
- 20cms from his abdomen
- beats in his resting heart-rate
- general sleepiness
- some negative attitude towards exercise/activity
The first prize in the competition is $15,000 of travel with Kumuka. Apparently, $15k of travel with them is a lot of travel - check out some of their tours to Africa and the Middle East. Even though Grant's done really well, there's no guarantee he's going to win, which got me thinking about Honeymoons.
Traditionally, the Groom is supposed to organise the honeymoon, and Grant has said that he will, but I can't help thinking about it - especially if we were to get it for free! Ok. I need to stop thinking about him winning because I'm going to jinx it and then we'll get nothing :(
So, here are some honeymoon inspirations I've had over the last week or so.
Martha Stewart Weddings had a Road Trip special - one through England to Scotland and from Portugal to Spain. Their other road trips were through the US which doesn't really appeal. I think a road trip could be really romantic, and more interesting than lying on a beach for a few days, although a beach retreat has it's own positives - relaxing, sunshine, swimming...
Traditionally, the Groom is supposed to organise the honeymoon, and Grant has said that he will, but I can't help thinking about it - especially if we were to get it for free! Ok. I need to stop thinking about him winning because I'm going to jinx it and then we'll get nothing :(
So, here are some honeymoon inspirations I've had over the last week or so.
Martha Stewart Weddings had a Road Trip special - one through England to Scotland and from Portugal to Spain. Their other road trips were through the US which doesn't really appeal. I think a road trip could be really romantic, and more interesting than lying on a beach for a few days, although a beach retreat has it's own positives - relaxing, sunshine, swimming...
The Knot (AU) is having "Honeymoon Month"! How appropriate. Posts include:
- Top 5 romantic things to do on your honeymoon
- A "Real Honeymoon" (similar to their "Real Weddings" I guess?) in Ireland - and it's a road trip!
- Road trip tips - are you noticing the same pattern as me here?
- Adventure honeymoons! That's what I'm talking about...
Oh look! Flight Centre have a special Travel Experts - Honeymoon section. Isn't that nice...
The supposed honeymoon plan at the moment is to have a few days off after the wedding somewhere, maybe beach-ey, and then go on a bigger (read: more awesome) honeymoon a few months later.
------
Other things I've seen and liked this week are:
- Martha Stewart's article about DIY updos. Not that I'm thinking about doing my own hair for the wedding - I'm nowhere near that capable - but the styles seem simple and sweet, don't you think?
- DIY wedding cakes from MSW. These I could maybe cope with, particularly the styles that are just buttercream icing and then stuff on top.
- Post-wedding Memory-Keeping from MSW. Some of these look ok, some of them look naff. Just saying...
- Winter Wedding Stationery from The Knot: Polka Dot Snow, Wicked Modern Stripes (that's my name for it, theirs is dumb) - change the colours in your head to black/grey/yellow/lemon/ivory, massive Ink Drawings, B&W Art Deco.
- 7 "new" wedding cake trends on The Knot. Some of them are ugly, but they do make you think outside the box, right?
- 10 new wedding dance songs of 2010 on The Knot.
- Origins font on MyFont.com. How gorgeously old school and romantic does it look? The other calligraphy font I'm looking at is Scriptina, which is apparently pretty typical for wedding invitations - you might have seen in the invitations I liked in this post.
- White Wedding from Project Wedding blog. I love her hair and veil! It looks like traditional Spanish lace... Pretty... And the gunmetal grey dresses on her BMs. And the simplistic white and green flowers.
- The yellow and black dessert table in this post from MSW. Awesome! I really like the patterned wallpaper in the background - wouldn't it be cool to have something like that the linked in to the table runners/invitations? Hmmm...
- The cutest ever invitations/stationery from Hello Lucky! *Melt*
- The dress from this "elopement" on 100LayerCake. Stunning! What if I swapped the green for sunflower yellow...? Maybe?
- This Virginia Farm wedding on OnceWed. I love the simplicity of her hair and hairpiece (although probably too big and annoying for me), her floaty dress (yes, I have my dress already, but still...), her boots (cute!!), the bridal party all in black (which is the decision of the moment), the romanticism of the outdoor photos, and her mustard yellow cardigan at the end of the night!! *swoon*
That's enough procrastinating for one day I think ;)
*love love love love love*
Kiwa.
No comments:
Post a Comment