Sunday, May 22, 2011

Regrets

Regrets.

I’ve had a few…

Nah, seriously, before I can talk about all the stuff that I loved about The Day that Was, I need to get off my chest those niggles that bug me and may continue to bug me for long after.

I won’t go in to too much detail, because I don’t want to linger on unhappy thoughts, and there are some aspects I simply can’t share on a forum as public as this (and may never share with anyone), but here we go:
  • I wish we had had a photobooth. I wanted one, but we decided that it was an expense we didn’t want to deal with and I never got around to trying organising a friend of a friend to do it instead. I’ll admit, Grant wasn’t ever keen on the idea and that may have swayed the decision-making, but there you go.
  • I wish I had asked for leftovers to take home. Everyone remarks (thankfully) that the food was delicious, unfortunately the combination of adrenaline-pumping excitement and tightly framing dress meant I could only taste about half of the menu.
  • I wish more family had come to the Saturday night party. It was great to be able to relax and party after the stress and formality of the Wedding.
  • I wish that I’d set up the computer to get a copy of everyone’s photos better and had it on Thursday as well.
  • I wish we’d thought of a more secure way to collect and display the cards and gifts.
  • I wish I hadn’t been so late. We might have been able to take more relaxed photos instead of feeling rushed (I don’t know if Jason or the others felt rushed, but I felt rushed).
  • I wish I had danced (been able to dance?) with more people. A proper Father-Daughter dance with Dad, one with Gordon and Barry, one with Grandad and Grandad and Koro.
  • I wish I’d thought to mention to Jason that I wanted photos specifically of the awesome table settings and invitations. One of the few things I put a bit of effort into and I’m not sure if they got recorded “officially”.
  • I wish I had invited Jason and Aneta to the Saturday party. They were awesome and, even if they didn’t come, it would have been nice to be able to socialise with them.

Le sigh.

There’s nothing to be done though. For all its imperfection, it was a great day. A great couple of days to be honest. And the most important thing is that we were married, surrounded by people we love and cherish and who love and cherish us. Right? 

Photo by We Do Photography - love them

 *love love love love love* 
Kiwa.



2 comments:

  1. Kahiwa, Rest assured I did indeed do the rounds of the reception venue and capture your table details. At least 1 positive from the slight lateness. :)

    ReplyDelete